Movie Review: Please stop - I cannot take this cr@p anymore!!!
I have never walked out of the movie theater because of a sh!tty movie. Watching Transformers: The Last Knight - I was very close. I kept taking that first initial
step from my seat but for some reason I stopped and told myself to “hang in there.”
This movie is one big mess, the story and dialogue were horrendous - it was a big pile of garbage. The only reason Paramount Pictures continues to make these Transformers
movies is because of the overseas market, the Chinese love the Transformers movies. Their profit is coming from the foreign box office. Thankfully, the American box office has dropped dramatically.
You are probably wondering if there are any highlights or any action set pieces that may be worth seeing. There are two highlights in the film.
1. One of the alien antagonists was pretty awesome. She was the most interesting part of the movie and yes she is a female alien/transformer thingy.
2. Michael Bay always gives lots of love towards our military and portrays them in a positive light.
And that’s about it when it comes to anything positive with this movie.
Breakdown of the film –
- The Autobots (The good Transformers) are in hiding.
- Mark Wahlberg (Cade Yeager) is protecting the Autobots.
- A little girl wants to protect them as well.
- More alien bad guys come to Earth.
- Action scenes are repetitive and boring.
- Optimus Prime (Leader of the Autobots) goes evil because of the new alien bad guys.
- Anthony Hopkins (Yes, that Anthony Hopkins.) knows all the secrets to the Transformers.
- Wahlberg goes on a mission to stop the bad guys. He gains powers and wields a sword that stops an attack by ancient Transformers. (I laughed so hard I embarrassed myself at the theater)
- U.S military is bad@ss and helps save the world.
- I go get drunk after the movie ends because I needed to quickly remove any thought of this movie.
I loved watching the Transformers cartoon as a child and I still continue to enjoy a random episode from time to time. I understand the Transformers mythology very well, and I thought the first live action Transformers
movie was a good start. It was not an Oscar worthy film by any means but it was a decent start to the franchise. Sadly - after the first movie - the Transformers franchise has been getting tougher to watch.
[The technical aspects of the film were solid. The visual effects looked cartoony during some scenes but overall it was good. Sound effects were great. Michael Bay continues to use a large amount of slow motions cuts.
His editing techniques can be annoying to some but you can always tell when you are watching a Michael Bay film. Keep the camera still once in awhile damm!t.]
ReeYaa Grade = D
By: Lazy Editor Tim | June 21, 2017 Runtime: 2h 29min Rating: PG-13 Wide Release Date: June 21, 2017
Director: Michael Bay Cast: Mark Wahlberg, Anthony Hopkins, Josh Duhamel.
Mark Wahlberg is a stand up guy. He is probably a leftist but he has not said anything hypocritical. Some B level stars in the movie have virtue signaled
before but nothing memorable. Overall, I have no problem with the crew. Michael Bay, I believe he keeps his politics to himself.
ReeYaa Score = Somewhat Approve
Leftist Social Engineering (LSE)
There were maybe a few references on “girl power,” but this movie is primarily safe from garbage LSE.
ReeYaa Score = Low
This movie sucks and a big headache. The cast and crew are a humble bunch but I cannot recommend this movie to anyone except for maybe young teenagers.
Movie Review Grade = D
Production Information = Somewhat Approve
LSE = Low
If you have any questions about our scoring index please go to the format section
here. Submit your own movie review
here. If you would like us to review a specific movie please let us know. We will do our best to accommodate you. Email -